Free puppy and kitten video consult with a qualified Vet
Along with the fun and excitement of welcoming a new puppy or kitten into your home comes the responsibility of caring for their health and wellbeing. To ensure your new pet gets off to the best start in life we offer a free online puppy or kitten consult, where you can speak face-to-face with one of our vets and ask any questions & receive expert advice on caring for your pet, all without leaving your home.
How does it work?
Book an appointment
Choose a suitable date and time for your free consult. Our video consults are 15 minutes long.
Book your appointment using promo code FIRSTPUPPY or FIRSTKITTEN. Our online consults usually cost pet owners £24.
Talk to a vet online
Speak face-to-face with one of our experienced, fully-qualified vets and learn more about looking after your new pet.
Our vet will advise you on registering your pet with a veterinary practice near you.
Book your appointment
What to expect during your consult?
Our vets will offer advice on caring for your new pet and answer any questions you may have.
By the end of the consult you will know more about:
- Helping your pet settle into their new home
- Diet and nutrition
- Worming and other parasite treatments
- The importance of having pet insurance
- Socialising your puppy or kitten
- The benefits of joining our Pet Health Club
- Any breed specific things to consider
Book your appointment
Preparing for your consult:
What you'll need:
- An internet-enabled device with a camera, such as a smartphone, tablet or laptop.
- A supported browser (Safari for iOS/Apple or Google Chrome for Windows or Android devices)
- A stable internet connection
- Your pet, of course, so we can meet them
What you need to do:
- Weigh your pet if it is possible and safe to do so (you can do this using kitchen or bathroom scales)
Our free video consult provides owners with advice on caring for their new puppy or kitten, it is not an alternative to a full, in-person examination. Our online vets will help you prepare for this next step during your video consult.
Please note our online vets cannot prescribe medication or provide private prescriptions. In an emergency, you should always go straight to a veterinary practice.
*Terms and conditions apply. Offer valid for puppies or kittens under the age of 6 months old only. offer ends 31/07/20. Offer includes a video consultation using My Family Vets Online Vets service. IVC Evidensia have the rights to withdraw the offer at any time.